Thursday, June 13, 2013

I'm in. Are you?

It seems like everyone is really thrilled with the new In Colors. I have to confess, I didn't love them right out of the gate. I didn't rush out to use them. But the CASE Study challenge I came across this morning seemed to cry out for Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, and Baked Brown Sugar. I figured I should just dive in and try these colors, and I really love how they work together. I used Crisp Cantaloupe last week, so now I just have Pistachio Pudding to break out. (That could be a tough one for me.) Anyway... Here is the card, which shows you a bunch of new goodies.


I wanted something kind of punched/pieced to emulate the original card, so I picked out this new set called Polka Dot Pieces. You can't go wrong with the bird punch. I took my layout from the inspiration card also, but I flipped it - I felt like the bird needed to face the center of the card. Do you like my "layer" behind the circle? I couldn't figure out what to put behind my 2 1/2" circle and then it occurred to me, the new ruffled stretch trim could probably work if I put sticky strip around the edge. Just cut notches in your sticky strip before you adhere it to the edge of the circle, and then go around the circle attaching the trim. The buttons are retired (Crumb Cake makes a close approximation of Baked Brown Sugar here) but I opened up my new In Color embellishments called Boutique Details. I used Eastern Elegance, Etcetera, and In Color DPs for my banners, and the hexagon embossing folder for the background. I also sponged all the edges with brown sugar ink.

Thanks so much for visiting today - I have one more card I'd like to make today, so hopefully I'll be back with that a little later!

6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun card - this also qualifies for Moxie Mixy Matchy

Jeanne J said...

Hi Lori! Beautiful card - love that bird, the pretty colors and all the wonderful texture from the embossing!

Jean Martin said...

Oh wow! This is so adorable! :)

Wendie Waldman said...

congratulations on being a winner in Shelli's New in 2013 Creative Challenge. I love you card and it would be perfect for a dear friend of my who is very ill. Happy stampin'.

Margaret Raburn said...

This is a gorgeous card and your color choices are just perfection! Congrats on this card being chosen for SoShelli's New in 2013 challenge also!

Katherine said...

Very pretty! Congrats!