Saturday, May 31, 2014

It's time to celebrate!

I needed a card today to take to a dear friend's party this afternoon. She has spent the last two years getting licensed as a psychologist in Massachusetts and it's time to celebrate! I didn't have a lot of time to make the card, though, so I turned to challenges and kept it simple. I'm playing along with a couple challenges that I've been looking at for ages but never had a chance to try: CASE Study and Fab Friday. The colors in the Fab Friday challenge seemed close to the inspiration piece: Crisp Cantaloupe, Summer Starfruit, Pool Party, and Coastal Cabana. Here's my card:


I kept pretty close to the inspiration card by Wida Miller, which is a real beauty. I stamped, watercolored and fussy-cut the flower from Happy Watercolor, then mounted it on a watercolor wash background with horizontal lines instead of arrows. I added sequins from the gold trim (the only sequins I have right now!) and the perfect sentiment from Friendly Phrases. The main watercolor panel is also on dimensionals, at an angle (again) on a Pool Party card base.

That's it for today! Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm getting ready to party! Woohoo!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Great dimension and I love the gold sequins! Thanks for playing along at CASE Study!

Anja (scrappie) said...

Very pretty. Thanks for joining us over at CASE Study.

Brian King said...

Lori, These colors are gorgeous here - so light and airy. Thanks for playing along with the FabFri color challenge!

Anni said...

Cool watercolor effect! The flower is so delicate and beautiful!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at CASE Study!
Anni

umichka said...

It's amazing! I like your design and this branch is perfect! Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

Amanda Mertz said...

3 Cheers (or more!) for your awesome fussy cutting on that flower! The finished look is great...love the sprinkling of sequins! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!