Saturday, July 21, 2007

You never know what will make a good background



I got up this morning to find an interesting challenge at SCS - to make a card inspired by a menorah, and I chose this one. First I cut the aqua card, and stamped the scrolls in brown. I liked the gold as an accent idea so I overstamped the brown with gold metallic ink. Next I wanted an aqua panel in a lighter shade for the center, but I didn't have anything that would work, so I thought of doing a saran wrap background. But whine, the saran wrap was all the way downstairs, and I wanted to finish before the kids woke up, so I looked around my office to see what I had that might work and saw... a swim diaper! Hm, interesting texture possibilities there. It actually worked really well because I could stick my hand right down in and depending how I crumpled it or pressed certain fingers down, I got a different result. I think it turned out pretty cool! I added a bit of gold over the aqua here and there. Then stamped the pink flowers, brown bird and sentiment, tied on a pink bow, and voila! ETA: If you're linking here from SCS, you might notice I've fixed the bow and added a bit more gold to the stippled background. But I didn't bother redoing it over there. :)

Technical details:
Carte Postale stamps by Stampin' Up!
Bazzill cardstock
Ink: Vivid! coffee bean, Colorbox dusty plum and gold metallic, Ranger Adirondack Lights aqua
Pink organdy ribbon from JoAnn's

No comments: