Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cute Cupcake


I am multitasking today - I'm combining the sketch challenge with a card for my upcoming club meeting. The idea I had been thinking of for this card worked really well with the sketch. I also don't usually post club cards before the club meeting, which is on Friday - so if you club members are reading you're getting a rare sneak peek!

I based this card around the Big Bold Cupcake die set, which I cut out with Sweet Slumber papers and so saffron cardstock. I added a little Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the candle flames. With the sketch it seemed perfect to use the Top Note die for the large panel, then I added a baja breeze tag (from the Lots of Tags dies) stamped with the Birthday Wish stamp in ruby red. Using the Stamp-a-ma-Jig allows exact positioning of the stamp, which fits perfectly in the tag's oval. To finish I used another panel from Sweet Slumber with baja breeze ribbon (not exactly where the sketch had it - sorry!) and a saffron card base stamped with the canvas background in saffron.

That's it for now - don't forget to come back tomorrow for Divine Diva Inspiration Challenge #2!

No comments: