Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A belated valentine

Well, it's another crazy week, and I haven't had much time to stamp, but I did want to share the valentine I made for Todd before it got too far past the official day! We made this card at my club last weekend - I have a tradition of doing a masculine valentine and my club members always seem to like it. Todd said, "I guess it's masculine enough" - he's a tough cookie! LOL! Anyway, since this is a valentine I'm also submitting it for the Friday Mashup valentine challenge.

This card uses the inlaid embossing technique that was featured on Splitcoast a couple weeks ago. I punched all my hearts from Riding Hood Red card stock, glued them onto a strip of Basic Black card stock, then ran it through the Big Shot with the square lattice folder. On the bottom I put a panel of houndstooth DP from the Love Letter pack with a strip of black satin ribbon to divide the two halves. The heart is from I Heart Hearts, and I used just the banner from the Be My Valentine single stamp. The card seemed to just need something else, so I took three of the smallest punched hearts, put silver brads through them, and added them to the card with glue dots.

That's it for today - got to run and get more stuff done - but I'll see you on Saturday for the next OCC challenge, if not before!

6 comments:

Terry said...

Very nice! I like the inlaid embossing and the little hearts too. Thanks for playing along with us at Friday Mashup!.

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Very cute... and a good man card. even with what your Husband said. lol Thanks for Joining us at friday mashup.

Hugs
Shirley

Holly E. said...

I love how you did the hearts in the background! Very cute card.. Thanks for joining us at The Mashup!

Wendy J. said...

Lori, this is totally fabulous! I love it! Great composition!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Hey Girl...

I just wanted to tell you that I picked you has this weeks Maven. I loved you card and just wanted to thank you again. As this weeks Maven you get to be a Guest Designer, I will email you the banner and info.

Hugs
Shirley

Denise Willerton said...

Love what you've done with your card Lori ~ this award was Very deserving ~ love your creativity!