Friday, June 10, 2011

Cherries for Friendship

It's been a while since I had time - or made the time - to create something just for fun. I sent a finished freelance project off yesterday, so I felt like I could take a little break from my crazy life and do a couple challenges. This card is for the colourQ challenge (Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla), the Viva la Verve sketch challenge, and the Pals Paper Arts challenge, which is called What's Your Signature Style? I tend toward clean(er) and simpl(er), sometimes vintage, sometimes cute and sweet... I was tickled that my fellow OCC DT member Wendy Janson commented on my recent baby card being a "Lori card." I guess I do have a typical style and I hope today's card shows it!


This card features a sneak peek stamp set from the new catalog - Cherish Friendship. The images are really sweet and great for coloring - I chose to do some watercoloring for this card. It's always a treat for me to sit down and color - in fact I'm spending all day tomorrow coloring at the Copic certification class in Boston! But I digress... I did my watercoloring with reinkers and a tiny paintbrush. The sentiment is from the same stamp set. At the bottom of the center panel I added two strips of cherry seam binding with crochet trim on top. The eyelet border punch gave me the right look for the bottom trim, and as long as we're doing signature style, I had to put a couple buttons on there. The background DP is retired Soft Suede, and I sponged all the edges with espresso ink to up the vintage factor.

This was fun - I hope it's not several weeks until I get to craft something for fun again! Thanks for visiting and I'll be back tomorrow for the weekly OCC challenge!

11 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very pretty---soft & sweet, and I love the colors you've used!

Katherine said...

I love - love this stamp! Great card and the color combination is fabulous!

Linda Callahan said...

Very pretty and classic - great colors!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful--love the vintage look! Hugs, N

Arielle H Gordon said...

Super duper fabulous! I love everything about this card! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the shabby/country style! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts this week!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

love the new images and your card, and the dp, oh I love it all, so pretty

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Lori! Love that new image. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Melanie C said...

Very pretty. Lovely card. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Renée said...

cute! love how you've used these colours! thanks for playing at ColourQ :)

Yapha said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Fabulous use of the colors! Thanks for playing at ColourQ!