Saturday, October 8, 2011

Simple Soft Birthday

Greetings! I hope your weekend is starting off well - and glad you're starting your Saturday here! This week I'm the hostess for the Our Creative Corner challenge again, and I have a color challenge for you: Pool Party, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Cajun Craze, plus a light neutral. I wanted a combination that would make pretty fall cards, but use it for anything that strikes your fancy!


I went through my stamps looking for a set I hadn't used yet, and I picked the hostess set Simply Soft. This is a really pretty two-step set, and I added extra color to the leaves and stamens (is that the right word?) with markers. I added a little border punch to the left, plus some piercing and a sentiment from Perfect Pairs. The ribbon is from my stash but looks just like Cajun Craze, and the DP comes from the Domestic Goddess paper pack. It's a beautiful subtle pattern, which is just what I wanted here. Finally I ran the bottom of the card base through the Big Shot with the polka dot embossing folder and this CAS card was finished!

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for these colors, so please join in the challenge and be sure you leave some love for the other DT members with their gorgeous creations!

5 comments:

cheryl said...

oh this is one beautiful card just so classy love that ribbon hugs cherylxxxx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Super sweet card, Lori. Wonderful color combo you picked and your ribbon is terrific. Thanks for inspiring me to use paper piercing - I love it but never think to use it!

Hope you are having a great weekend. Ours is waterlogged with two full days of rain.

Hugs,
Linda

Tui Nathan said...

Hi Lori
love your CAS card this week ... That flower image is super sweet and you have colored it beautifully, love the subtle background paper and gorgeous bow!
Thanks for the great challenges .... I have thoroughly enjoyed playing with them!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love your sweet card Lori, Fabulous color challenge!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Lori, this is lovely! I love how you used the colors together and the clean design of your card is just beautiful. I need to remember to use that stamp set more often, myself. Hope you are enjoying your weekend and thank you for a fun challenge this week! Hugs! :)