Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Real Basic Pumpkin Pie

No, this isn't a cooking blog - you are in the right place! For the challenge this week at Our Creative Corner our hostess Wendy Janson asked us to feature pumpkins or the color Pumpkin Pie. I pulled out my Color Coach and found this cool combo of Pumpkin Pie, Real Red and Basic Gray. I tried to make the PP the main color, I really did, but I don't think it quite comes across that way. Oops! I should have known that the red would want to jump out, but I didn't have time to switch any elements around. The fun layout comes from the Mojo Monday sketch for this week.


I decided to put my sentiment in the rectangle spot and chose a large one that could pull that off. It's from the hostess set Happiest Birthday Wishes. I colored it with markers then added a rhinestone (colored with a Sharpie) for the dot on the I. The designer paper is Real Red and retired Pumpkin Pie. My flower is 8 layers if you count the rhinestone - I used the Blossom Party die and another flower die that was in a mini and I'm blanking on the name of it... sorry! The plain white background features the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder, and to anchor the bottom of the card I added three (retired) PP buttons with more colored rhinestones glued to the centers.

Mmm, now I'm thinking about pumpkin pie. Thanksgiving is not far off! I hope you'll get in on our early celebration and pull out your pumpkins this week! Be sure you also visit the OCC blog to see what the rest of the team came up with!

4 comments:

Sharon Wheet said...

Lori, I just love your creative use for that birthday stamp! how fabulous!
Have a good week. hugs, sharon

Anne Marie Hile said...

Lori..one word: POW! (Wow just wasn't enough!) That's all I thought when I saw this one. Such a beautiful, bold design and I love how you used the sentiment stamp. Everything about this card makes me smile! :) Hope your day was happy! Hugs! :)

Marie said...

Love this color combo! I rarely use 'pumpkin' (orange) except for Halloween. You have inspired me to used it more often.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Lori, I love that you used multiple colors in your sentiment...it really ties everything together! And don't worry- the pumpkin color doesn't get lost amongst the red. Hope you're having a great week!