Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Boo!

Hey, it's me again! I know I said I wasn't going to be posting much, but I just really wanted to share this Halloween card I came up with for my club. I promised them we'd make a Halloween card this weekend, and then I realized... I didn't buy any of the new Halloween stuff! Trying to be frugal, and all that... Anyway, I did have Spooky Bingo Bits so I was trying to figure out what to do with it. Then I saw another card (non-SU) that had a canning jar full of spiders, and I wondered - what could I put in the jar from Perfectly Preserved? I guess a jar of jack-o-lanterns wouldn't really happen, but artistic license means it's OK, right?


I'm submitting this for three challenges: colourQ, SCS sketch (wow, it's been ages since I posted a card there!) and Hand Stamped Sentiments (use pumpkins).

 
 

I flipped the sketch, fudged the circle placement somewhat, and tilted the #2 panel a little - it just seemed to need a little extra something! I also subbed Wisteria Wonder for the orchid in the color challenge to keep it current. The Halloween sentiment comes from Delightful Dozen and the tangerine DP from International Bazaar.

What do you think? Even though Todd loves Halloween I think this card might be one that makes him scratch his head - he doesn't get the creatively cute ones. I kind of think it's adorable and hope my club members do as well! ETA: I showed it to Todd - and I was right. He said, "Brains go in jars, not baby pumpkins!" LOL! Please tell me it's more cute than crazy!

11 comments:

Sylvia said...

Cute card, Lori! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week.

Craftin Desert Divas said...

Super cute! Love the pumpkins int he jar.

Tara

Shannon said...

Love how you improvised when you needed to. Great job with the challenges. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Cute!!! Love the color combo!!! Love the paper piercing accents- perfect!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

Tracey McNeely said...

Lori I love that jar more and more. Fun card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Erika Clark said...

TOTALLY adorable! Your jar of pumpkins is so sweet and whimsical...I can just picture them glowing like lightning bugs in there :) Thanks for joining in at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

Linda Beeson said...

How adorable is that jar!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Definitely cute, not crazy! Love your take on the colors and Halloween! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Krista said...

I think it's definitely cute! Only a guy would like a brain in a card. I'm with you, cute is more fun! :) I love the colors and the pumpkins are so sweet....looks like they are having fun in that jar. THanks for joining us at HSS!

inkedx2 said...

A jar of pumpkins is so cute! This was a very clever idea. Thanks for joining us at HSS.

N@ Ali said...

very cute, nice card! thank you for joining us at the colourQ ; )