Saturday, January 12, 2013

Shabby Banner

Hello and happy Saturday! I'm back as promised to show you the second card made at my club this weekend. It's also doing double duty with the challenge at Our Creative Corner - I'm a busy working mom so of course I'm all about the multitasking! The challenge this week, hosted again by Sharon Wheet, is to make something in a shabby chic style. I knew I wanted to feature some new products from the spring catalog that fit perfectly.


There are a few new goodies making their debut with this card. I featured the Hearts a Flutter stamp set and matching dies for my banner. The colors come from the Twitterpated DP: Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Island Indigo, and retired colors Pear Pizazz and Blushing Bride. (Retired colors in a current DP? Well, I still got 'em and love 'em so I'm gonna use 'em!) It's hard to see but I attached the banner to a red card stock piece cut out with one of our large framelit dies. On top I added a strip of the new lace tape - this is cool stuff since it's already sticky and you don't have to punch all those little cutouts! I decorated my banner with punched flowers and leaves, pearls, a (retired) button with indigo baker's twine, and the new little butterfly punch - and can you see behind the butterfly is the new mini curly label punch? Too stinking cute! Now, look closely and you can see one more new product at the bottom of the card. It's the new Simply Scored embossing plate, which is really fabulous. I added a sentiment from Curly Cute. I know I didn't get too shabby here - I didn't want to sponge it but I did distress the edges of the paper with my rubber scissors. So I guess it's a little less shabby and a little more chic? I don't know, but I like how it turned out.

That's it from me today - be sure you visit the other OCC team members' blogs to see their wonderful projects, and we hope you'll play along with us this week! Enjoy

7 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Such a cute banner - the papers are really zingy!
Alison x

Katherine said...

Great card!

Lisa Minckler said...

You are the Queen of banners Lori!! I agree, this may be more chic than Shabby but this definitely is inspiring and I think it's stunning! The design is perfect to use for so many occasions and it's truly beautiful what you've created here.
Hope you have a great week.
hugs,
Lisa xx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Hi Lori. This is a beautiful card. I was wondering if you would like to share it with us at still addINKtive challenges? You can link your post to here - http://stilladdinktive.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/spot-that-stamp-set.html

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I am so glad you decided to share this at still addINKtive because it really is beautiful! You did a great job showcasing so many wonderful products without overkill. Love it!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a great way to decorate every banner. So cute and lots to look at that is very eye-catchy! Thanks for your submission to stillADDinktive this week!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

I love your little banner. It is very cute! Thanks for sharing with us at still addINKtive.