Monday, September 30, 2013

Poppy Seed Wishes

I'm happy to be almost 100% healthy again - it seemed like a great time to do some stamping. I really felt like getting my Copics out and playing a couple challenges: The Paper Players tic-tac-toe challenge (I chose birthday/pearls/banners) and the Sweet Sunday Sketch. I hadn't gotten a chance to play with these stamps from Wplus9 which were perfect for this card.



I colored the poppies with Copics R14, R17 and E07. The color was a good match for the retired Poppy Parade ink, so I used that to stamp the banner and sentiment. I fussy-cut the poppies and popped them up on the frame. The background paper is from my stash, and the black is from the Neutrals pattern pack in the current catalog. I used a Martha Stewart border punch for the black strip at the bottom, then added the pearls for the final touch.

I seem to have stayed up way past my bedtime - oops! But I think it was worth it - stamping is my happy place and it's good to be back! Have a great week, everyone!

4 comments:

SchnauzerCrafts Creations said...

This is beautiful! I love the striking color combination and your coloring is superb!

Karen Giron said...

These poppies are gorgeous! I love the colors and the little banner - just amazing!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Lori! *jumping up and down while waving* How have you been? I love your card...the colors really pop! Very, VERY pretty! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

I just LOVE your card! I wanted to let you know that I’ve chosen your creation as one of my Weekly Picks and linked back to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Kathy at stampsatplay.blogspot.com