Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Classic Christmas

It's the most wonderful time of the year - and Christmas is coming up quickly! I'm back with another of my club Christmas cards. The inspiration for this card came from a card I found in an old Stampin' Success magazine (that's the publication SU sends its demonstrators, and it's always amazing). I'm submitting this for the Pink Elephant inspiration challenge.

 
I used a very traditional color scheme: Real Red, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar, and Whisper White. The image is from the hostess set Warmth & Wonder, colored with markers to omit the "noel" sentiment. I wanted to add this cute little banner (the die comes with one of the flip card thinlit sets) and the sentiment from More Merry Messages. Behind the cardinal I punched a wide oval and layered that onto a window frame die-cut, which is pierced with the piercing template.
 
For my background I used Crumb Cake card stock embossed with the poinsettia folder, over a label die-cut that I cut into two pieces in order to spread the color across the whole card base. The embossed panel hides the cut so it's easy-peasy! I added two very thin strips of red card stock and two candy dots as embellishments. I often keep my Christmas cards mostly flat so they are easy to mail, and this one works perfectly!
 
Thanks for visiting and I hope you are enjoying the beauty of the holidays this week!

1 comment:

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! I love how you've taken the inspiration from our photo and created such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant this week :)