Thursday, June 12, 2014

"Honey, do you have..."

"... a card I could send to my dad tomorrow morning?" That's the question I heard from my hubby when he got home from work, and with Father's Day coming up I shouldn't have been surprised by it, right? I took care of my awesome dad's card yesterday (can't post that one yet here!) but my sweet father-in-law deserves a card, too. So if I need something quick, I look for challenges to inspire me, keep it simple, and use what's already out on my stamping table. Here's what I came up with.

There are three challenges represented here: SUO Challenges (stamping in the background), Stampin' Royalty (ombre effect), and Freshly Made Sketches. I admit, my ombre effect isn't fantastic - I brayered the Woodgrain background with Early Espresso and didn't get quite as much variation as I wanted. The background is stamped with Gorgeous Grunge, the tree image comes from Summer Silhouettes, and the sentiment is from Delightful Dozen.

I hope my father-in-law loves it - it was a quickie, but he loves working outdoors and building stuff, so I think it's great for him. Thanks for visiting and a warm welcome to my new subscribers this week! I'm so happy to have you all here!


5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Well I think it is great! Love the neutral tones!

Chanray said...

gorgeous!

Julie Gearinger said...

I agree with Linda and Chantal! Love the neutral theme with the Woodgrain background and bird image! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges:-)

JoAnn said...

I agree with everyone. It is a perfect Father's Day card. I love the woodgrain and grunge background.

Karren said...

Gorgeous neutral toned card. Love that Hardwood panel! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.