Thursday, June 4, 2009

Divine Diva Inspiration Challenge #5




























Thanks for stopping by to check out this week's challenge! For this time around we have these cute tanks from Title Nine. I'm showing you both colors because between green and blue, I couldn't possibly choose a favorite. Feel free to take your inspiration from any or all of these colors!

I decided to pick and choose colors I saw in these tops: soft sky, blue bayou, mellow moss, and chocolate chip. It was fun to dust off these retired In Colors - I still love them.

For the background I used my B Line Designs damask, inked in blue bayou and stamped off once, then stamped on soft sky cardstock. I sponged the edges with blue bayou and just a bit of chocolate chip. The flower from Friends 24-7 was stamped in chocolate chip, then colored with mellow moss marker and blue bayou reinker and cut/embossed with Nestabilities.

I added a sentiment from Bella Blossoms, a layer of 5/8" chocolate chip grosgrain and blue bayou double-stitched ribbon, and three white pearls from the Pretties Kit. The blue bayou bow was a last-minute addition, and I think it made a huge difference - this is still a simple card but the bow makes me say, "Aww..." I worked most of the day on this challenge card - well, not THIS card but on the challenge - watch closely and you may see my rejects show up in another form! ;) It's only been two weeks so how did I get so badly out of stamping shape?

Be sure to check out the cards made by all the Divine Divas for this challenge!

Angela

Chat

Chris

Julie

Keri (Keri is recovering from surgery so she may not be able to participate - please keep her in your thoughts!)

Hope you are inspired to come and play along. Just leave a comment here with a link to your card. We can't wait to see what you create! The keyword for uploading on SCS will be DDIC5. Have fun and look for the next challenge on June 18!

10 comments:

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Just beautiful, Lori! Love the flower oval. Your ribbon treatment and the row of pearls are perfect embellishments.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Lori!! Love the oval and the beautiful flower!!! The ribbon and pearls are the perfect accent on the white background!! Beautiful job on the inspiration!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

Fabulous card, Lori!!!!!
Love your oval frame and clean sketch!!!!tfs:)
chat

cheryl said...

beautiful love the oval and those pearls are perfect love cheryl xxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lori just wanted to let you know my prize came yesterday and it is awesome I have never seen a stamp set like this before and I love it to bits I will cherish it forever. Thank you once again. I have my thinking cap on for this new challenge lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lori and everyone the card is gorgeous love the flowers and the oval is a perfect frame which enhances their beauty. My entry is on my blog at
Here I hope the link works
Hugs
Lorraine x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love the Card Lori. It is stunning. Really like the inspiration again this week. I didn't stamp but made an ATC. Hope that is ok. Hazelxo
Here is mine. Thanks for looking!

bettystamps said...

Lori, Love your blog! Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

pam124 said...

Lori, your card is beautiful. I did one for the challenge too, but not sure where to linke it. It says to do so on comments, so here's mine:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1377640?cat=500&ppuser=176085

If this is not where to link it, let me know how to do it property. It was a lot of fun!

raindropecho said...

Thanks for the inspiration!
Here's my card