Monday, June 29, 2009

A fond farewell


I know we are all going to miss the 2008-2009 In Colors - I thought I'd post one last card featuring some of them, and then I really will try to move on to the new ones!

I made this card for this week's Mojo Monday challenge. Julee has a great sketch this week - wow, #93! I based my color scheme around the gorgeous floral paper from October Afternoon, which works really well with baja breeze, pacific point, and kiwi kiss. My stamps are from the new Level 3 hostess set Kind & Caring Thoughts. I inked the flower with baja breeze, wiped off the stem, then colored the stem with an old olive marker (I know, I cheated). I used some textured cardstock in baja breeze and pacific point for the layers and card base, and very vanilla for the stamping. The background paper is from the kiwi kiss patterns, and my embellishments are from JoAnn's: crocheted trim in ivory and three buttons that match pacific point really well. How's that for a little vintage sweetness?

2 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lori when I first saw the title of this post I thought oh no you were leaving us lol. Thank goodness that isn't what you meant but still a shame to see the end of these colours they work so perfectly together. I love your card it is quite elegant. Lori since winning that fabulous stamp set and seeing more and more SU products being used on the blogs that I visit I myself have now fallen in love with the SU products and hope to treat myself to some more stamps and papers sometime in the near future. My wish list gets longer and the top of the list keeps changing lol but what's new.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love these colors and I love your creation. So elegant!!! I love your layout. I won't be saying goodbye to these colors since I have quite a stash of it and I love them!