Friday, August 7, 2009

Bloom for a Great Friend, Part 2


I'm back today to show you the journal I made that goes along with this card. Although I still used the SEI Mimosa paper and the In Bloom stamp set from Papertrey Ink, I did some things a little differently for the journal. This is the larger art journal from SU, which covers with paper very nicely, thanks to the spiral punch.

My Etsy customer requested that I use some embossing, so I embossed the flower and leaves right onto two of the solid Mimosa papers. The chipboard tag (which is SU) was covered with another dot paper, then I embossed the swirl from Baroque Motifs with Ranger polysparkle EP. It's subtle but adds a nice touch over the glittery background papers. I punched a hole in the tag with my Crop-a-Dile, tied some old olive (Elementary Ribbon Originals) ribbon through it, and adhered the flower with pop-up glue dots.

The sentiment from Define Your Life was also requested by my customer. I stamped with dusty durango and layered it behind a Maya Road chipboard oval frame covered with more solid Mimosa paper. I trimmed it down and sanded the edges, then used two layers of pop-up glue dots to adhere it to the cover. It seemed like it needed a bit more something, so I added these teeny little Making Memories adhesive pearls and put three larger pearls up top for balance.

So, how did I do for my first altered journal? I think it turned out quite nicely, and I also think this won't be the last of these that I do. In fact, when I ordered this one I got two extras just in case I wanted to make more. It's been really fun!

3 comments:

Karoly said...

This journal is absolutely stunning – I hope you decide to make more and add to your shop!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This journal is magnificent Lori!! Love the colors, dimension, and layout!! Beautifully done!!

Michell said...

Your card is totally adorable!, and I love the bright colors!! Stunning work!!
--
Michell
Are you scared to be alone at home need security