Sunday, August 23, 2009

Copic Love


I do love my Copics... but I don't love this card. I'm not sure why... but I spent a long time on it so I'm posting it anyway. Todd said, "It's fine!" But I don't always trust him, LOL.

This card started with the Copic Creations challenge to use red, pink, and hearts. Is it cheating that my hearts are punched and not colored? ;)

I decided to use these A Muse stamps that hadn't seen ink yet. I stamped with Memento tuxedo black on PTI white cardstock. My coloring on the birds uses all R markers: R37, R39, and R59 for red; R05 and R08 for orange; and R81, R83, and R85 for pink. The bushes were colored with YG93, YG96, and G99. I had read this post on contrast on Marianne Walker's blog and really tried to incorporate her advice - how did I do? I would love to take one of her classes if she ever came to this area. I colored the fence just a little bit - I drew a line with E41 down the left side of each area of the fence and then blended it out with the colorless blender. I don't know if it makes a difference at all, but I wanted to try. I also added a little C1 shadow around the fence and bushes.

For the rest of the card, I used Beate's weekend sketch challenge #94. The black and white paper is by Doodlebug, and the cardstock is Bazzill. I embossed the red with the new SU Perfect Details texturz plate. The buttons are from JoAnn's, threaded with black embroidery floss. The ribbon probably came from Michaels. I punched my hearts with SU heart punches, then drew stitching lines to match the stamped images and added American Crafts letter stickers to the larger heart.

OK, I posted it and I'm moving on! Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

Pretty card! (As always!)

Martina said...

Fabulous!

Andrea said...

Great card

cheryl said...

this is so pretty great design love cheryl xxxx

Rachel said...

I think is adorable! You should love it! :)

Teresa Kline said...

I luv this card, I have been where you are at with should I shouldn't I post a card, as a matter of fact I am there now.....lol. We can be our worst enemies when it comes to our own work.

Your card is very sweet and there is not a thing wrong......isten to dh...this time...lol.

enjoy *~*

Beate said...

I think your card turned out beautiful! I am with Teresa. We are always our worst critics.
Thanks so much for playing! I know it wasn't the easiest sketch!
Hugs and smiles

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Lori, this is an adorable card. I love how you used that little fence. Thanks for joining our Copic Creations challenge.

Jane Wetzel said...

hey ..very very very COOL card! You did a GREAT job on the copic creations challenge! thanks for joining us! :)