Friday, December 17, 2010

The closing of the year

This will be my last post for 2010... hard to believe the year is almost over, isn't it? Todd and I have both been sick this week, and I'm not over what I have yet, but I did want to share this easel card that I made earlier this week for my club. One of my club members specifically requested doing an easel card and I was happy to comply!

I wanted to do something pretty and vintagey - is that a word? I got the color combination from the Color Coach: Blushing Bride, Early Espresso and Pear Pizazz. To make the image panel I used two stamp sets, Style Beautiful and Elements of Style. I layered lots of scrolls using generation stamping, then stamped the medallion on top and added a punched flower and some pearls. I sponged all the edges with Blushing Bride ink. For the bottom I made a row of the little accent with the Stamp-a-ma-Jig, then added a sentiment from Heard from the Heart and a scallop trim border. A few more pearls serve as the "stop" for the easel and that was it! I thought it turned out pretty, and my club members were impressed that it fits inside a regular envelope.

I want to wish everyone happy (and healthy) holidays - I'll see you in the new year!

1 comment:

Naturally Me Creations said...

This is so lovely! I love the swirly pattern on the card.
I haven't tried making easel cards yet, it's only recently that i've seen them for the first time when i started entering card challenges. I'll need to google how to make them and try it out! :D