Monday, January 3, 2011

My New Year's (Stamping) Resolution

Happy new year! I'm back from vacation with family and friends, which was wonderful - except that I didn't bring any stamps with me and now I feel like maybe my mojo didn't come back from vacation, LOL. But what better way to get back into the swing of stamping than to dive in and do a challenge. In fact, I've decided as one of my new year's resolutions, I'm going to try to do more challenges. I'd like to say it would be one a day, but I think that would be pushing my luck. Maybe three a week is a good goal. I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes!

I loved the Mojo Monday sketch for this week. I am finally ready to play with the new goodies from the Occasions Mini and Sale-a-Bration, which is good since the new mini goes into effect tomorrow! On this card I featured an image from the SAB set Punch Bunch. What better color for these little poppies (that is what they are, right? I'm no gardener! LOL!) than Poppy Parade, and the first two colors to pair it with that popped into my head were Old Olive and Early Espresso, so I went with it. This card has lots of dimension - and as a result it's very heavy! I used a mix of designer papers - the poppy is from the hostess pack, the espresso from the neutrals pack, and the olive from the Play Date collection. I also used the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder for a bit more texture. The scalloped circle is a Big Shot die and I used the Circle Scissors Plus for the other circles. I embellished with just a touch of poppy ribbon and three olive brads.

That's it for today - I'm really happy to be back with my stamps and I'm looking forward to (hopefully) bringing you new creations more often!

4 comments:

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. Love those colors and papers. TFS

Lesley said...

I lurve it Lori! Great colours and elements! I know what you mean about playing more challenges that is on my list too! Three a week sounds doable!!
Smiles,
Lesley

Jen Carter said...

This is really lovely. I love the patterns and colors you used!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just beautiful! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!