Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easter Wishes

This week our hostess at Our Creative Corner, Vicki Burdick, is challenging us to make a 3-D project for Easter. I'm sharing a cute little nest basket that we made at my club. I found the idea here and CASEd a lot of Brenda's elements, but I changed the stamped pieces just a bit.
The basket comes from the largest scallop circle die, made with Soft Suede card stock and run through the Big Shot with the square lattice folder. I stamped my bird with the flourish from Elements of Style, using Regal Rose card stock and white EP. The sign uses Crumb Cake and Baja Breeze with the modern label punch and a tag from the Matchbox die. I added a flower (made with the Boho Blossoms punch) with leaves from the bird punch and a glimmer brad.

We hope you'll come play along with our challenge as you get ready for Easter - we always love to see your creations!

5 comments:

Sharon Wheet said...

What a clever girl! I love the open basket/nest, and that little sign is just tooo cute! I love that you gave us the directions, too. I just might have to make some for my card clubs! Wonderful idea!

Brenda Quintana said...

How Darling!! I love how your nest turned out!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

This is such a cute little nest! Perfect for Easter, but you could also change the sentiment and colors and use it for another occasion. Hope you have an amazing weekend!

Kristin said...

This is genius! I'm going to have to check this tut. out - it's a great idea for spring decorating and my daughter's class is studing birds this month...the ideas are brewin'... Thanks for the inspiration!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is super cute Lori, I love that bird with the flourish on here!!! So springy!!