Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Cherry on Top

This week at Our Creative Corner our challenge from Kristin Tierney is to use fruit as a theme. Perfect for summer!

I took my inspiration from the Berry Blossoms designer paper - the colors are Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade and Early Espresso. I've seen lots of people do this kind of layout with the rounded corners - I don't think I had any one card in mind but I thought it would be a cute layout with this paper. Instead of using the matching stamp set I paired it with the cherries from Button Buddies. My embellishments consist of limeade ribbon that I wrapped around and adhered with glue dots and a purple button from my stash, tied with linen thread. The sentiment label is from Lots of Tags - I cut the espresso layer behind it by hand. The sentiment from A Word for You seemed absolutely perfect for this card!

I hope you'll visit the OCC blog to see the creations by the rest of our fabulous team. Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

Fabulous design Lori ... loving these colours, so bright and cheery!
What a perfect sentiment for that stamp ... love it!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Just gorgeous, Lori! I love the mix of patterns and shapes you used to showcase that fun-tastic image! All of a sudden, I have decided that that paper is too cute NOT to own! This card is an instant day-brightener, in every way! Love it! Enjoy your day today! :)

jjcreations said...

Wonderful card, Lori. I like how you created the four sections in the background - I love the shape!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Great card, Lori! Love that you used all those different papers and I'm especially impressed that you got the fruit in two ways - in the image and the sentiment!

Holly Barrett said...

Cherries! Such a classic. I like your layout and colors. What a great birthday card!

Sharon Wheet said...

Your layout is great! and your use of the pattern papers is pretty clever! LOVE it!

MarcyK924 said...

What a beautiful card Lori! Guess we both had cherries on the brain - they look so Summery on a card! Great use of pp!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is just the cutest card, Lori. I started smiling as soon as I saw it over on the DT blog the other day. I really love the colors and patterns in the DP and that cherry is full of fun!

Hope you are having a fun week!

Hugs,
Linda

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love your mix of pattern and color! The layout is fabulous, and I love the cute button and cherries!

Allison said...

This is super cute! Love the layout, colours and mix of patterns. Button buddies makes me wish that the in colours came in buttons too!

Elizabeth said...

This card is so pretty! I love the colors and the corner rounding!

Kristin said...

I love the layout of this! Retro and cutesy at the same time. Love the cherries and the sentiment - adorable!