Saturday, August 27, 2011

Christmas Poinsettias

Welcome to another Saturday and another challenge from Our Creative Corner! This week our hostess, Vicki Burdick, has a color challenge for us: Real Red, Basic Gray and Basic Black. A very classy combination that just said "Christmas" to me, so...

Here's what I came up with. This card features a stamp set that will be available in the upcoming Holiday Mini called Pines & Poinsettias. The idea for this card just popped into my head as I was assembling my stamps so I went with it. All of the stamps are from the same set, except the sentiment, which is from Delightful Dozen. I colored the small image with gray and red markers, and stamped the background swirl all over with black. The focal image I stamped twice so I could pop up the flowers. You probably can't see this but I added just little hints of our new liquid glitter called Dazzling Details. The final touch was three punched flowers with gray glimmer brads in the centers.

Ah, I feel the holiday spirit - it'll be here before we know it! I hope you'll play along with these colors and be sure to visit the OCC blog to see the rest of the team's creations. I'm sure you'll be inspired!

10 comments:

cheryl said...

oh how gorgeous is this card the layout is so beautiful wonderful design hugs cherylxxxxx

Sharon Wheet said...

Lori, I have had my eye on this stamp set, and you have really showed us how beautiful and elegant a little set can be! I love how your card came together!
have a wonderful weekend!
hugs, sharon

Vicki Burdick said...

This is gorgeous Lori, love that new set! Thanks so much for helping me with the color challenge!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Gorgeous, Lori! I just love how you used the colors and all of the details you added are just perfect, as always! A beautiful, classic holiday card, in every way! Hugs! :)

yours truly said...

Cool stamps! I love how you put your card together!

~ Ü ~ Hilda

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love that you made a Christmas card...which reminds me that I should probably get started on mine (I always am behind come December!) I love the layout and the stamps you used. Hope you have a great week!

Marjie Kemper said...

Love the way you've added even more pop with the colored berries.... great card!

Holly Barrett said...

Great Christmas card without using the traditional holiday colors. I love the repeating pinecone & holly pattern!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This card is an absolute knock out, Lori! I fell for it immediately when I first saw it. The red and gray color palette seems like it was made for that set! Very elegant and classy, for sure!

Hope you are doing well.

Hugs,
Linda

Kristin said...

I'm loving those stamps and it's a great holiday card! Who'da thunk black, grey and red for a holiday card? It worked out wonderfully! Sorry it took a while to get my comments here - crazy week!