Saturday, July 28, 2012

Serene Summer Silhouettes

Whew, it was another busy week. It's probably going to stay that way for the next little while, but I'll keep trying to post! Today it's time for my second challenge at Our Creative Corner. For this week I chose this photo of round fabric buttons for inspiration and came up with what I think is a fun challenge.

For my card I kept it pretty clean and simple this week.


I created the background and center strip with images from Summer Silhouettes, and the main image is from Serene Silhouettes. Give me a set with "silhouettes" in the name and I'm all over it, LOL! My colors are Poppy Parade, Lucky Limeade, Blushing Bride, white, and black. The sentiment is from Bring on the Cake, and the only non-SU product used was the 2" scalloped circle punch.

I'm outta here for today, but before I go of course I have to remind you to visit the OCC blog to see the rest of the samples from the team. There's a ton of stamping eye candy for you this week! Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, Lori, fab job with all those colors. Your card is so pretty - love the way you have combined them all. That central B/W strip is lovely. Thanks so much for two fun challenges!

Hugs,
Linda

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful card and loved the challenge! Your colors are fabulous!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Lori
This is a very pretty card Lori, the colours are a delight on the eye.Thank you for two great Challenges I enjoyed them very much.
Smiles:)
Sue

Tui Nathan said...

So very pretty Lori ... love your use of the colours ... wow!
Thanks for the great challenge!

Unknown said...

Your interpretation of the colour palette is just gorgeous! I LOVE your card! This palette was so beautiful to work with, I just loved every minute of it. Thank you for the great challenge Lori!

Lisa Minckler said...

Hi Lori,
I for one, loooved this challenge. Lately with all this unbearable hot weather, all I've seen is brown so seeing these gorgeous vibrant colors really gave me an inspirational boost. Thanks so much for picking a great challenge and your card is sensational! :)

Kim x said...

Great challenge Lori, I shall have to get my thinking cap on.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving your lovely comment.
Hugs Kimx

Sharon Wheet said...

Lori, what a wonderfully refreshing color challenge! and I have to admit I love the twist {smile}. Your card is wonderful, as well. I love the clean lines, and the crispness of those colors and images.
Have a great week! hugs, sharon w.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Now that is an awesome way to showcase those pretty colors! Wowza! Love the stamped background and the layered scallops! Thanks for a fab challenge this week, Lori! Hugs!

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Lori, such a fabulous card with pretty dp beautiful and great layout. Thank you for the fun challenge.... :)

Unknown said...

Just what I needed to see this week, Lori, a gorgeous, bright, summery card - I am soooooo fed up with the winter here in Australia this year! :) I love the way you have used the colours and the clean lines of your card. Gorgeous! :)
Chris