Saturday, August 4, 2012

Heavens to Betsy!

Whew, these Saturdays roll around quickly, don't they? Time for a new challenge at Our Creative Corner! We have a new hostess this week, Paula McClane, and she is asking us to combine bling with nature elements in our projects. Here's what I came up with:


I was about halfway through making this card (which was already my second try) when I realized I had just used the Betsy's Blossoms set two weeks ago. Well, I would have to say it's one of my favorite new sets, so I couldn't help reaching for it again! I combined a couple of other challenges with this one: colourQ and Freshly Made Sketches.




I did make some subs with the colors - I accidentally used Blushing Bride for my light pink, and instead of poppy I used Melon Mambo. I struggled a little with the layout, but when I was playing around with my label die-cuts and ended up with a skinny frame of the melon polka-dot DP, something clicked. The scalloped border on the right side is a new edgelit, the Blushing Bride DP is retired, and the sentiment is from another new set called Sweet Essentials.

I hope everyone has a great weekend - be sure you visit the OCC blog to see the rest of the creations from our wonderful team. It's always one of my favorite moments in each week when I get to see what they've come up with. And we love to see your work as well so please play along with us!

17 comments:

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

How bright & cheery your blingy nature card is! How Fun & the perfect touch of bling on the leaves along with the perfect patterned paper for the bird's wings :-)

Lisa Minckler said...

Just when I thought I had 'enough' edgelits to hold me over, you go and tease me with this one! I guess I'll be adding that one to my wish list too. :D
Your card is absolutely delightful and brings such a wonderful feel of cooler weather to mind. I love the diamond bling you've added as well. :)
Hope you have a great weekend!
Lisa xx

PatQ's Cards said...

This is a gorgeous card. Very nicely done.

MarcyK924 said...

Lori - I used the same TWO sets as I did last week! I"m SO loving your card, those colors are YUMMY and that layout is fabulous! Perfect take on the challenge! Hugs, Marcy

Erin said...

What a great cheerful card!! Super job with the colors AND the sketch!

Linda Suarez said...

Hi Lori! What great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Lori, can you hear me squealing with happiness over here? I love every single thing about your card! From the colors, to the lovely layout to that beautiful bling. I already consider this stamp set a favorite but this makes me smitten with it all over again. Absolutley fabulous! Have a great weekend! Hugs!

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card Lori! I absolutely love what you've done with the sketch and with those colours! I must say I also love the bling! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Lori
A gorgeous Colour Palette which makes for a lovely card.
Smiles:)
Sue

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous card, Lori,I love everything about your card. So glad you joined us this week at the colourQ and shared your card.

Silke Ledlow said...

Lori, your card is beautiful! Great take on the Sketch and the CQC colors...thanks for joining us. Hugs ~S~

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a fabulous card, Lori. Love the pretty color scheme you used.... :)

Allisa said...

Love the bling on the leaves! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a gorgeous card Lori, I love all the elements in your design. Thank you for joining us at the colourQ this week!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colour combination, Lori and I love that bird. Can't wait until my brown box arrives with that stamp set in it! I really like the way you have used the various layers and the bling on the leaves. Gorgeous!
Chris

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Such a bright fresh color combo - I really love it. Such a cute bird and branch and that dotted frame is really cool too. Absolutely delightful take on this week's challenge!

Hugs,
Linda

Lili said...

Such a great card Lori! Love your color combo, and your design.
Hugs ;)