Thursday, February 14, 2013

You mean the world to me...

Happy Valentine's Day! I'm posting a card that I made for my hubby, and my club will also make it this weekend. (I think it could be more than just a valentine, and I hope they agree!) I used the sketch from Create with Connie and Mary.
 

I was inspired to create this just based on the sentiment (from Word Play) and also because Todd and I are planning a trip to Germany with our kids this summer. We love to travel and this will be our third trip to Europe together, but the first with the kids along. So this seemed appropriate for him today, and for our relationship and life together. The compass and map are clip art I found online and printed on white cardstock. I added the stamped oval (from Oh, Hello in the spring mini) behind the compass and a strip of Real Red cardstock embossed with the chevron folder.

I think that's it for this card - I will be back on Saturday with my next card for Our Creative Corner! Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

Melissa Davies said...

This is great! I love that you incorporated the layers, textures and patterns into one fabulous card! Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

stampwithsandy said...

Very creative way to make masculine card, and I agree that it would be great for other occasions.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a spectacular masculine card. Love the mixture of reds & blacks. Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary this week!

Deb said...

Love how the images you chose really work with the sentiment! And the colors are great! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

What a wonderful take on the sketch! I love the way you turned it and great masculine card! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

How sweet is your Valentine! Love all the different patterns. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!