Saturday, February 23, 2013

Have a super birthday!

Saturday already? These weeks are flying by! I'm here with my card for this week's challenge for Our Creative Corner. This week our host is Paula McClane, and she has a fun challenge for us - she is hosting a murder mystery party for her birthday, which is today - so happy birthday to Paula! The theme of her party is super heroes - so we are being asked to make a layer-cake birthday card in red, yellow and blue. Here is mine:


For my cake I chose the image from Make a Wish. The colors I picked are Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler and Daffodil Delight (plus white). I did one layer in each color, cut them out, and popped them up in the center of a framelit-cut oval. The indigo label was embossed with the polka dot folder, then I added cherry faux stitching with a marker and a cherry seam binding bow. The simple background is two panels of designer paper, then I added the sentiment from Itty Bitty Banners.

I hope everyone has a great weekend - guess what, it's going to snow again here in Massachusetts! Maybe I'll get some extra stamping time if we get snowed in. I hope everyone gets to play along with our challenge, and before you join in, go check out the rest of the samples from our wonderful design team! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sharon Wheet said...

Lori, I have to say your cake is beautiful! I'm a sucker for polka dots and I just love fussy cuts. You sure will inspire our followers/readers with your wonderful Bday card!
Hope this week is good for you. Hugs, Sharon W.

Lili said...

Such a great card Lori! Your cake is beautiful.
Hugs ;)