Thursday, April 4, 2013

Just believe in spring

Is spring actually coming? Today (at least here) the sun is shining and it's almost warm enough to go out without a coat... I'm hopeful that the snow will fully melt soon! I think I was channeling spring when I made this card. Something about it feels fresh, like the spring air outside...


My club will make this card tomorrow. I like to do something with a technique so we're going to do two-tone embossing. Not that there is much to this as a technique - but it's something we haven't done before. I also used the Mojo Monday sketch from this week.

The whole card came from the embossing - I wanted to use colors and I only had Gumball Green and Pool Party, LOL. I thought they would look striking with this image from Just Believe on Early Espresso card stock, and I think I was right - it turned out just like I hoped it would. The circle flower image is from the same stamp set, and the sentiment is from Itty Bitty Banners. I used DP from the 4x6 pack in the spring catalog - the name escapes me right now. And the large scallop trim was cut with the Tasteful Trim die and then embossed with the fan embossing folder. It all went onto a vanilla card base embossed with the woodgrain folder.

I just feel happy after making this - happy to be feeling better and back to stamping, and happy that spring is on its way! I hope you like the card and really appreciate your stopping by today!

No comments: