Saturday, March 30, 2013

Dare to dream...

Hey, sorry to disappear there on you. Three weeks ago I woke up with awful spasms in my back - it's something I've had before and I assume it has to do with my TMJ. It has always gone away in the past but this time it's sticking around. I've spent a lot of hours resting with a heating pad, not able to do much more than read and browse the web on my laptop. I'm slowly getting better and I'm getting physical therapy now, but it's still hard to be up and around all day. Life does go on, though, and I really had to stamp this week because... I'm hosting the challenges at Our Creative Corner for the next two weeks! It's been a very long time since I've had the honor.

My challenge is to make a card or project inspired by travel and/or transportation, using at least two different designer papers. When I chose this challenge theme, I was in the midst of planning the trip my family is taking to Germany this summer. I absolutely love to travel, and this will be my first time to see Germany and my kids' first trip overseas. We are all really excited! Anyway, here is my card, using the colors from colourQ, which I haven't played in ages and love to pieces, and a sketch challenge that's new to me, Paper Craft Crew.


The stamp set I featured is called Postage Due. I stamped the collage image in Pool Party and then sponged Wisteria Wonder over the whole panel and Always Artichoke on the edges. (All the edges are distressed and sponged.) The postage stamps in this set are super cute, and I chose the "Paris" one. My two DPs come from the patterns pack and Twitterpated. I thought "dare to dream" was a perfect sentiment for thinking about travel - this stamp comes from Loving Thoughts. The card base is Core'dinations card stock sanded on the edge. Those little punched flowers started out a little simpler, but when I took the first photo I realized they just didn't look right and redid them. Sometimes I can let those things go, but it was easy enough to change, so perfectionism won out this time!

I hope you will play along with our challenge this week - we love to see what you come up with and we love when you join us in creating something special. Have a great weekend, and a happy Easter to those who celebrate - maybe spring is coming finally?? Hope so!

7 comments:

Yapha said...

Lovely card! Those pearls in the flowers are perfect. Great use of the colors. Thanks for playing with us at ColourQ!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a great sketch to show off all these cool vintage images! Such a great card! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Heather said...

What a lovely card! This really all comes together so well! Thanks so much for playing with us at Paper Craft Crew!

Tracey McNeely said...

Very pretty card. Thank you so much for sharing this week at the colourQ!

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

I love how you've turned the sketch. Beautiful card. so glad you joined us this week at the Paper Craft Crew challenge.
Carolyn x

Sylvia said...

Beautifully designed card, Lori, it is an inspiration for the main stamp! So happy you joined us at the colourQ.

Pam Staples said...

Lori, Gorgeous card and I love how you turned the sketch on its side! Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew. You have also been selected as one of our featured artisans for Card Sketch Challenge #35. Congratulations. You can grab a blog badge on the post.