Friday, August 29, 2008

Something old, something new...

The limited supply challenge today on SCS was so much fun! We were to use the wedding adage of something old, new, borrowed, and blue.

My something old: Timeless papers from Deja Views, and my Carte Postale set - one of the first SU sets that I got.

Something new: Lots of Nestabilities, hodgepodge hardware (yes, it's retired, but it's pretty new to me), and baja breeze cardstock and ink.

Something borrowed: Jen's Sketch for You to Try from last Saturday, and Shelly's sample challenge card for its gorgeous ribbon - not that mine is anywhere close, but that's where the idea came from.

Something blue: the baja breeze and the blues in the paper collection.

Let's see, what else should I tell you about this card? I was having trouble pulling all the elements together until I decided to make the coppery paper the background, and then it clicked. I had great fun playing with my circle, oval and rectangle Nestabilities and the hardware. Is it too much? :) The spiral clip and ribbon were added at the end, when that corner just seemed too bare. I took a little liberty with Jen's sketch in not doing the embellishments quite like she showed, but I think this works here. I wanted a wider ribbon but nothing I had looked right, so I wrapped this brown organdy ribbon around about three times to give it a little more weight. I also did just a touch of chocolate chip sponging on some of the lighter panels. The sentiment comes from Bitty Birthday.

Tell me what you think - this was the first time in quite a while that I spent a couple hours making a card, and I'm pleased with the outcome!

No comments: