Sunday, October 18, 2009

I think I might be hooked




























I'm home from the regionals in Portland yesterday - which was so fun! - and I'm a little under the weather. Since it was a rainy day and I wasn't feeling up to doing much, I decided to crack open the My Digital Studio software that arrived last week. I'm going to get certified, and I'm sure I have a lot more to learn, but I wanted to share the very first scrapbook page I made with the program.

I started out by watching some of the training webinars SU has made for demos. Well, it wasn't very long before I had the program open and was playing around with it myself. I started out with a template page from the Happy Birthday scrappin' kit, but then I changed the background and took out a whole bunch of the elements that were there and added my own. Obviously there is lots of room to add more, but I decided not to go crazy my first time out. And I'm liking a cleaner and simpler look more and more these days anyway.

This was so fun, and really easy. I have to stress, I have never done digital scrapbooking before. Heck, I've hardly done traditional scrapbooking. But this was very simple to do, and I love the result! Stay tuned as I learn more about what this program can do. So far, I am really impressed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job--seeing how easy it is makes us all want to have one!

Christine said...

Lori...It looks great. OK...I'm going to get it also. I was planning on it, but you saying it takes the "stress" out of scrapbooking. It's funny sometimes scrapbooking seems overwhelming to me, maybe I'll be scrabooking more.

Jennifer Meyer said...

WOW, your page looks awesome Lori! I can't believe you have never done a page like this - you did a fantastic job!

Hope your feeling better soon! Hugs, Jennifer :)

A Stamper's Journey said...

Your page is really cute. I have yet to crack open mine. Hope to get to it soon.

Maureen