Thursday, May 6, 2010

And now for something completely different

Are you tired yet? I am, LOL! I will be happy when it's actually time for the card buffet. This card was inspired by Angie Tieman. For my version I used the owl from Forest Friends, stamped with soft suede on naturals white cardstock. The frame is made with the woodgrain background stamp on kraft, then I punched a 1 3/8" circle for the owl to show through.

I decided to be kind of bright and adventurous with my colors - I think it works. I used textured bermuda bay cardstock for the die-cut letters (from Timeless Type) and the branches (punched with the extra large bird punch). Behind the wood panel I used a cameo coral printed paper from Pink Flamingo, then some so saffron grosgrain ribbon with a matching saffron button (from Button Latte) to dot the I. Finally, since I don't sew on my cards, I used the white gel pen to do faux stitching around the soft suede background panel.

That's it from me for today - I promise! I'm not 100% sure what the last two cards are going to be so you'll have to come back tomorrow and see if I post anything else. Thanks for sticking with me! I'm having fun, even though I'm tired, and I hope you're enjoying the cards.

No comments: