Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wedding Doilies

Whew, another week has gone by - we're getting a new roof put on our house so it's been a little crazy around here. I did find a little time for stamping, though - just in time for my preorder from the new catalog to arrive! YAY! I used a few of the new products on my card for this week's challenge at Our Creative Corner. Sharon Wheet is back with a recipe wedding challenge - the ingredients are sheer fabric, pearls, a flower, some kind of trim, and stitching (real or faux).

As I was looking at all the fun new stuff, I picked out three items I thought would work well together for a wedding card: the Delicate Doilies stamp set, the Perfect Pennants die (which has a couple cool doily-type circles) and one of the new In Colors, Pool Party. I *love* this color - it reminds me of Soft Sky, which was one of my absolute favorites. I paired it with black and white for a classic look.

First I embossed black card stock with two of the doily images - they cover the whole panel. The sentiment from Word Play (which I also embossed) fits perfectly in the 1 3/4" circle punch, which also goes nicely inside my white doily die-cut. I added faux stitching around the edge of the circle. My flower was made with the triple flower punch, with pearls for the center. I had to cheat a little on one of the requirements - I only had sheer organza ribbon, no sheer fabric. The color of this ribbon is just a hair lighter than the Pool Party card stock. I wrapped it around the black layer three times for a layered effect, then added white 1/8" taffeta ribbon on top. Three more pearls in the corner finished off my card - and I think I like it!

I know the team will create beautiful wedding projects this week so be sure you visit the OCC blog to check them out. And as always we hope you will play along with us!

5 comments:

Sharon Wheet said...

I just LOVE your card! the black and the pool are soo elegant together! What a wonderful card! (and yes, soft sky was my all time favorite blue to go to, too!)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I would never think to make a black wedding card, but yours is so gorgeous! Not only am I in love with the colors, but the layout and execution as well. Have a good weekend!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a wonderful take on this challenge, Lori. Love the color combo you used! That black embossed background looks absolutely fantastic! I'll have to check out that new blue from SU 'cause Soft Sky was one of my favs too.

Funny, we just finished having a new roof put on too - a real owie to the budget!

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Hugs,
Linda

Vicki Burdick said...

I just adore this card Lori!! Love the embossed black and that new die is amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic share you have here--love that embossing--now to figure out how you did it!
Thanks, N