Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hi! Remember me?

Hello folks - oh my goodness, the life I've had for the past few weeks. I got a horrible stomach bug that lasted more than a week... including the weekend we were visited by Hurricane Irene (which thankfully wasn't a big deal where we are). Then I had a few days of hanging out with the kids in between the end of summer activities and the start of school. THEN Ben came down with the stomach bug - he was out of it for four days and missed his first three days of second grade. Poor little guy. Finally this week I have the kids in school and I'm trying to dig myself out of the ginormous hole I've been stuck in!

Needless to say, my stamps have been very neglected and I feel like my mojo is on vacation... but I'm trying to get back in the swing of things with the latest challenge at Our Creative Corner. Our hostess this weekend is Sharon Wheet and she has a "not big on pink" challenge: make a pretty card that features blue with only a touch of pink, plus some texture and metal. I combined this with a challenge from a new blog called Freshly Made Sketches. Here's their sketch:


And here's my card:

The main image comes from a gorgeous new Valentine's set in the holiday mini called You Are Loved. I stamped the heart with Versamark on Marina Mist card stock and clear embossed it. The sentiment is from Curly Cute and it's layered on a strip punched with the lace border punch. I used a bunch more layers behind the heart, including a square of Pretty in Pink DP and Night of Navy card stock. The pink velvet ribbon is from my stash and the Pretty in Pink flower was made with the triple blossom punch. I misted six flowers with water, crumpled them up and spread them out to dry, and layered them with an antique brad in the center.

That's it for me today - it feels good to be back, even if I'm not in love with my card. ;) I hope you'll stop by the OCC blog to see what the rest of the team has created - I know it will be fabulous! Then share your own wonderful creation with us this week!

7 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is so beautiful what a wonderful stamp and amazing detail,sorry you have not been well,I have had it too not nice hope you and the family get better soon hugs cherylxxxx

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hooray that you are back in creative action, Lori! Whoot whoot! I'm so happy everyone is healthy and things are back to normal again for you. :) Love your card and ow you incorporated that fun sketch. The flower is a great accent and I really like all of the clean lines. Have a great rest of your weekend! Hugs! :)

Marjie Kemper said...

That's a lovely card, Lori ~ I especially like the layered flowers ~ very cool! Hope your family is back on track. It is just awful when sharing such a nasty bug!

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... your card is really lovely Lori ... I love all the layers and the pretty heart stamp, but that gorgeous layered flower is just divine!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Sweet was what came to my mind when I saw your card, Lori. It makes me think of young girls with those shades of blue and pink. Great sketch and I love the font that the sentiment uses.

Great to have you back in the card making/blogging world. Hope you have had a great week!

Linda

Linda Callahan said...

Love your layered flower - and all of the other layers! Pretty card!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this, it is perfect, love the flower. sorry I am way behind on my commenting!