Saturday, February 9, 2013

Memories of New Orleans

Greetings from snowy Massachusetts - we are in the middle of a blizzard and I'm having fond memories of a warmer climate! The challenge this week for Our Creative Corner is a Mardi Gras photo.






I have to admit, this one stumped me good. I don't have anything in my stash that goes along with this theme. But I do have photos from when Todd and I visited New Orleans last April, so even though it wasn't Mardi Gras then, I decided to go with that and use the colors and style of the photo to create a scrapbook page in My Digital Studio. The layout is from an MDS challenge blog called MDS Monday.


Hm, not my favorite MDS page I've ever done - it's been a while and I felt a little rusty. But I do like the gold glimmer paper as the background, and the colors are bright and fun - much better than the winter wonderland outside my window!

I know the DT has some fabulousness to show you over on the OCC blog so be sure you stop by to see their creations. Then put on your party hat and celebrate this fun challenge along with us! Have a great weekend, and if you're like me and suffering through the blizzard this weekend, stay safe and warm out there!

2 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Lori your LO is wonderful!! What could be more perfect than actual photos from New Orleans. I would love to visit there some day but until then, I've had the best time living vicariously through your photos. Terrific design and wonderful take on the photo inspiration. :)
hugs,
Lisa x

Lili said...

Great job on the challenge Lori! Love how you combined the colors and those swirls and flower in the background give a nice movement to your page.
Hugs ;)