Saturday, September 28, 2013

I meant what I said...

I really was going to make cards over the past week. I swear I was. But the germs that settled in on Saturday had other ideas. I've been coughing and feverish and generally feeling awful ever since. A couple times I tried to get going on an idea and I just had to put it aside and go back to bed. Finally I felt well enough tonight to actually try to finish a card. Here's what I came up with:

 

This is for three challenges: Color Throwdown (Pacific Point, So Saffron, Marina Mist, Lucky Limeade)
Stampin' Royalty (Trendy Triangles)
The Pink Elephant (Dots and Stripes)

The triangles immediately made me think of Pennant Parade - I've been thinking I need more birthday cards. The stamps I used to accent the pennants are from several different sets: A Fitting Occasion, Pretty Petites (retired Sale-a-Bration), Itty Bitty Bits (retired) as well as Pennant Parade. I used retired So Saffron and Pacific Point papers, along with the dot print in the current pattern pack in Marina Mist. The sentiment is by Taylored Expressions. I attached all the pennants to Pacific Point ribbon with dimensionals.

These fun colors and all the patterns are cheering me up - I hope you enjoy the card. I'm going to keep trying to stick to my challenge-playing goals so stay tuned and come back soon! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Vickie Z said...

What a fun card!! Love all those banners! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card! Love all the fun banners! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!

Joan Ervin said...

Your banners are all soo pretty...you have used the colors beautifully!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!