Thursday, December 5, 2013

Happy birthday, Mom!

My wonderful mom had a birthday yesterday so I had to wait until she received it (which I hope is today!) to post her card. I made this with two SCS challenges: Featured Stamper and Inspiration. The card I chose to CASE for the featured stamper Linda is this one. From the Horchow site for inspiration, I picked this bedding - classic and elegant, and both my mom and I love blue, so it was perfect! I'm also entering in Dynamic Duos for this week's challenge.

Here is my card:


When I saw the inspiration photo I immediately thought of this retired DSP in Midnight Muse, which I used for the large scallop circle. The flower image from You Are Loved (also retired) seemed to coordinate perfectly. Based on the inspiration piece and the DSP I chose, I put the Midnight Muse with Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla. I used the polka dot and finial press embossing folders for texture, and I pulled the stripes from the inspiration photo in with the punched pansy. I added a Crumb Cake button and Midnight Muse dahlia with a linen thread bow. The sentiment comes from PTI's Ruby Rose set.

Happy birthday Mom - I love you and I hope you love your card!

No comments: