Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Still playing catch-up

The challenge at SUO inspired me to just get this posted already - tea and cookies qualify as yummy in my book! This was another of my previous club session projects. I love these boxes and I've been saving lots of photos of how others decorated theirs. (See here, here and here for examples of where I got my inspiration.) Here is how my box turned out.




I featured the Kind & Cozy stamp set to go along with the tea theme. The colors go along with the designer paper (So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Very Vanilla, Basic Gray - yeah, it's old paper...) The tag was punched with the tag topper punch, and I made the tassel with coral baker's twine. I embossed the plastic sleeve for the box with the hexagon embossing folder, which goes along with the hexagons in the DSP. See the little bit of crimped ribbon? I was reading about someone doing that on Splitcoast Stampers and decided to try it. The ribbon is 5/8" vanilla satin ribbon, which will be available again in the new catalog - yay! I also used the new Fast Fuse tape runner adhesive - it's stronger than SNAIL but just as easy to use. I covered a 5/8" strip of vanilla card stock with adhesive, attached the ribbon, and ran it through the crimper. Just make sure that the strip of paper is completely covered with adhesive - the ribbon will only crimp where it's attached to the paper.

Here's a side shot. The cookies are really thin European style and I found them at Walmart. They fit perfectly in the box - and they are indeed yummy! You can't see this but I put a little card stock divider inside the box to separate the tea from the cookies, and the cookies are in a gusseted cello bag.


I'd better get back to working on my projects for THIS week's club. I think I'm coming up with some cute stuff and I hope I get time to share it soon!

2 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is really sweet. Love the embossing on the acetate lid. Thanks for playing along with the yummy challenge at SUO.

Julie Gearinger said...

I love this decorated box!! I agree with Bronwyn, the embossed acetate is a wonderful idea and I am sure that the recipient of this creative gift will be thrilled!! Thanks again for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)