Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Kid Card Project

I'm signed up to sell kid-related stuff at a tag sale here in my town on September 15, and it seemed like a good opportunity to test the waters for selling some cards. I've been making kid-appropriate cards for a while now whenever one of the SCS challenges seemed right for it, but now I'm realizing that I probably won't have enough if I just rely on that, so I'm going to get busy on this project, starting today.

The inspiration for this card came from a book published by Stamp It magazine, called Treasury of Tips and Tricks. I stamped the pocket on tan textured cardstock in brown ink and then colored with brown pencil. I cut a shape like a folded handkerchief from patterned paper, inked the edges in brown, and mounted to a dark brown panel with distressed edges. (I really like the distressed look - it's a fairly new thing for me but it seemed perfect for this card.) I didn't have a sentiment stamp that seemed right so I typed the words on the computer and printed on tan cardstock, then colored in with brown pencil. I punched out a tag shape, sponged on brown ink with a paper towel, distressed and inked the edges, and tied through a piece of string that I stamped with brown ink. Finally, I cut the background panel, distressed it and added copper brads, and mounted it all on a tan card, with the tag mounted with foam tape. This was a really fun card to make!

Technical details:
Stamp: Pocket Fun by Stampin' Up!
Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Distressed vintage photo
Paper: Bazzill cardstock, Flair patterned paper
Accessories: Making Memories brads, foam tape, colored pencil, old string

No comments: