Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Quick challenge card


I had to play the color challenge today - it was one I wouldn't have thought of but I really like it: groovy guava, barely banana, and chocolate chip. To me those colors had to be a baby card, and I had someone ask me to make some, so there you go! It had to be a quick one today so I kept it pretty simple. The layout comes from last week's sketch challenge, which I didn't have a chance to try yet.

First I used the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder on a panel of banana cardstock. Then I chose two prints from the guava paper pack for the larger panels. I used the ticket corner punch and chocolate chip cardstock layers on everything.

The duck pulltoy image comes from Bundled in Love and the sentiment is from Short & Sweet. I added chocolate chip taffeta ribbon and mounted the duck with dimensionals - that's it!

I've been working for a couple days on a non-card project that I can't wait to show you. It will include a tutorial so I hope you'll check back - I'm planning to start working on my post tonight but I'm sure it will take a while. I'll just have to keep you in suspense till it's ready to unveil!

3 comments:

jjcreations said...

Very cute.....awesome job of the colour challenge. Joan

Kim said...

This is such a cute card! I love it! TFS

Tegan said...

I really love this card!! Great job using the sketch challenge. I can't wait to see your inspiration challengeup today--I'm not sure if I will participate this week though.

Keep creating :)
Tegan.