Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hey! I made a Christmas card!

Remember my Christmas card challenge? where I said I'd make a Christmas card a week? Right. Well, it hasn't happened in a while now, so I've really fallen down on the job. But I just got back from my team meeting and the card we made was something I could make into a Christmas card. Woohoo! It also uses all new stuff, some of which I don't have. Yet...

This is definitely a nontraditional Christmas color combo - but I know some people out there like those! The card base is pink pirouette, with riding hood red and whisper white. This card was so quick and I really like it. I sponged the pink pirouette ink lightly on my white cardstock and then embossed the snowflakes with Versamark and silver EP. The stamp comes from the new level 3 hostess Holiday Happenings bundle, which is fabulous and I really hope I'm able to earn it. The background paper is from the Bella Rose pack, and the sentiment is from Heard from the Heart. What do you think? Is it Christmasy enough? :)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hey Lori! Just checking out your blog! That Christmas card is lovely -- I love the embossing. I'm going to plan to come to your open house in August -- thanks so much for the invitation!

Julie said...

I meant to add that this is Julie from Littleton...

*Susan* said...

This is gorgeous! Love that you used non-traditional colors, and embossing is my all-time favorite!

Anonymous said...

Lori----Yup, it is a fantastic card----you do GREAT work!
Hugs, Nola