Sunday, March 8, 2009

Pixie Blooms


It was a busy day here, with my stamp club meeting and church, but I had to squeeze in a challenge card for the featured stamper challenge. Today's stamper was Judy (aka StampingQueenJAR) who is such a great artist and person. Congrats, Judy! I picked this card because I liked the layout and I thought watercoloring would be fun today. I kept the layout (with fewer layers) and used some similar embellishments, but I changed the image and colors and used patterned paper instead of a stamped background. I also added some piercing.

I never got to play last week's color challenge (chocolate chip, pixie pink and kiwi kiss), and once I decided to use this flower image from Bloomin' Beautiful, that seemed like a great color combination for this card. For my watercoloring I used watercolor crayons and a kiwi reinker with my Aqua Painter. This pretty kiwi paper is from the Sweet Nothings Simply Scrappin' kit (can I just say, this kit is gorgeous). I pulled out my kiwi kiss satin ribbon and my retired copper Hodgepodge Hardware - I am almost out of these oval frames, which are my favorite. (Sniff.) The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations. It all went onto a very vanilla card base.

I think that's about it for this one - pretty simple! I am really hoping that I will be able to post more regularly in the coming weeks. I'm itching to make all kinds of stuff. And don't forget that I will choose someone to receive a ribbon goody bag tonight at 10 pm Eastern - please leave me a comment on my ICs to enter. The post is at the top of my blog home page. Thanks!

No comments: