Saturday, March 14, 2009

Where did this week go?

Remember Monday, when I said I was planning (or hoping) to post some stuff this week? I can't even believe it's the weekend and I didn't play a single challenge. I was working on a lot of Etsy stuff that's been partially finished for a long time, so that's where I've been.

You know how much I love the SCS inspiration challenge, so I definitely had to play. This was the photo that inspired me - the Global Market collection at Fitz and Floyd. I loved the colors and the style of the flowers. Although the colors really reminded me of some of last year's In Colors, I used the current set instead - baja breeze, riding hood red, and kiwi kiss, along with so saffron.

I first created my own patterned paper with one of the stamps from True Friend, using whisper white cardstock, riding hood red ink and my Stamp-a-ma-Jig. For the focal panel I used the large flower image from the same set. I stamped it in red, kiwi and saffron, then cut out the saffron flower and punched the red center with the 1/4" punch. I used baja breeze for layers on both. For embellishment I added a kiwi eyelet punch border, baja breeze ribbon, and riding hood red buttons tied with linen thread. The sentiment, stamped directly on the saffron card base, comes from Three Little Words. There, a sweet little card that really isn't as hard as it looks!

No comments: