Sunday, March 15, 2009

Soft Morning Glory

Hey, two days in a row I've played a challenge. Let's see how long this lasts... Today's featured stamper is Stacy (aka Twinshappy), and let me tell you - I didn't even begin to look at all 15 pages of her gallery! Clearly she deserves to be featured, and her work is amazing. I chose this card for my CASE. I kept the layout basically the same, but I made a different scored panel (although I really like what Stacy did and will have to try it sometime), changed the image and colors, used brads in the corners, and added an extra layer as the card base.

I've had this Morning Soft image for a while but this was the first I'd used it. (Can I just say that I don't really miss trimming and mounting stamps - at all!) I stamped the flowers in always artichoke and colored with mellow moss, almost amethyst and lovely lilac markers (with just a touch of only orange in the centers). On the flowers I colored over all the shading with the lilac and then colored over with the amethyst and used a blender pen to soften the lines. I am much less experienced with coloring with markers - how did I do?

I cut the whole thing out and mounted with dimensionals over my scored background (made with a Scor-Pal). I used the ticket corner punch and vintage brads to accent the corners of the scored panel and the artichoke layer underneath, then mounted that with pop-up glue dots onto a panel of moss DP from the retired Winter Retreat scrap kit. On that layer I wrapped a piece of retired artichoke ribbon from Theater Originals around, and then used more dimensionals to mount that on a white top-folded card. The sentiment is the single stamp Glad Friends, stamped in artichoke on amethyst cardstock and punched with the designer label punch, then layered over a 1 3/8" artichoke circle. I added a flower from the Pretties Kit with another brad because it just seemed to need something else, but I'm not sure about it. Any suggestions?

Thanks for stopping by today. I've enjoyed my stamping time this weekend and I'm crossing my fingers that the week ahead will hold more of the same. But after last week, I'm not making any promises!

No comments: