Saturday, October 24, 2009

I did it!


I made a challenge card just for fun! Woohoo for me! LOL. I have been wanting to do this for days and today I just made the time. It may not happen again soon so enjoy this one! I did three challenges with this card, actually: the inspiration challenge on SCS; Beate's weekend sketch challenge; and the Color Throwdown. For the IC, which features Anthropologie this week (one of my favorite stores!), I chose this soap set.

I noticed there was a butterfly in the center of the soap set, so I looked at all my stamp sets that include a butterfly and chose For All You Do. I stamped the flower squares in taken with teal, the butterfly in purely pomegranate, and the dotted background (with the help of the Stamp-a-ma-Jig) with certainly celery. Tip of the Day: If you want to make a background with this stamp, you need to slightly offset the image each time you stamp it so that the dots look right. Just center the edge row of dots in between the dots of the previous edge and it'll come out nicely spaced.

After I cut out my squares with Nestabilities, I decided to change the center shape to an oval, leaving room to add the flowers. (I used a marker to ink the stem so i could leave off the buds, then I added an extra leaf to the stem with the Stamp-a-ma-Jig. Turning the stamp sideways allowed me to position it wherever I wanted.) I folded the butterfly wings up for dimension and glued it over the flowers before positioning my die-cut shapes. The finishing touches were pomegranate ribbon, a celery panel embossed with the Perfect Details texture plate, and a sentiment using the word window and modern label punches, another stamped flower that I cut out, and two teal leaves that I made with the Little Leaves die.

OK, that's it from me today. I'm going back to my project of the week: making Christmas cards! Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful weekend.

6 comments:

Beate said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

cheryl said...

wow this is a beauty just love it love cheryl xxx

dpkennedy said...

Great sketch for these images! Very pretty! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

nelia said...

So cute! I love it!

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Rosemary said...

Hey!! Congrats on winning the CTD Bella certificate! Your card is fab!! I'm one of those gals who enters and never wins, either! Guess this was our week!! Yaaaay!!