Saturday, October 3, 2009

More inspiration

Have you had enough inspiration challenges from me yet? I promise, this is the last one, LOL.

I had one card left to make for the Card Buffet and I was really struggling with what I wanted to do. I knew it was going to be a birthday card but I couldn't seem to move forward. Lucky for me, I had the SCS inspiration challenge to turn to. Steph picked - for the 200th challenge! wow! - the site Kir DeVries. What a fun site to browse! I picked this In the Ground water bottle.

I started my card with the Cheep Talk branch, stamped with close to cocoa and certainly celery markers. Then I added a ruby red bird (not quite a squirrel, but I have no squirrel stamps) and little flowers punched from blush blossom and ruby red. These are made with the trio flower punch that's one of the Deals of the Week - a great punch to have in your collection. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

The background is a panel of dot paper from the current Patterns Pack (hostess level 1) embellished with celery wide grosgrain ribbon and a chipboard flower. I embossed the flower using blush blossom craft ink and clear EP, then added a Sherbet celery button threaded with a tiny strip of ruby red cardstock.

OK, I'm officially done prepping cards for tomorrow. I'll try to post some of the others as I get time. It's going to be a fun event - I can't wait!

2 comments:

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Very cute! Love this one!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Sweet card Lori, I LOVE the soft colors and adorable layout. Jennifer :)