Saturday, March 2, 2013

A flower and a crown

Hello with another Saturday post - time for Our Creative Corner's weekly challenge! This week our challenge is hosted by Meihsia Liu. She has a pretty vintage-and-shabby inspiration challenge, and we are supposed to use fabric flowers and a crown. The photo:


And here is my card, using a layout from the Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge:


For this one I chose soft colors: Baja Breeze, Pear Pizazz, Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, and white. I used a strip of Tea for Two fabric to make a rolled flower - the leaves are from the bird punch and embossed with the houndstooth folder. The lace panel was made by sponging pink ink over the lace tape from the spring mini, then gently peeling the tape off to reveal the white cardstock underneath. For the background I used white cardstock embossed with dots and retired pear DP. The sentiment is from Perfectly Penned, and the buttons are retired from SAB last year. As for the crown... well, I struggled with that. This little image from Tiny Tags was the only crown I had, so I stamped it and embossed with pewter EP, cut it out, and added it to my sentiment.

This card makes me think of spring, which I hope is coming soon! I'm so sick of the snow. Come join in our challenge and don't forget to visit the OCC blog to see the rest of the team's shabby chic goodness! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lili said...

Such a soft card! Great combination of texture and patterns.
Hugs ;)