Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The lure of a new hobby



Why is it that it's so hard to stay motivated to do the work I'm being paid to do, when I would much rather make cards all day? Maybe it's that I stayed up too late last night listing the kids' old clothes on eBay and I'm really tired, or that it's raining, or that the book I'm editing is boooooorrrrrring. I'm really having a hard time sticking at my work today, for whatever reason, so here I am.



I did make a card early this morning, since I still woke up with the chickens. The curse of being a morning person. Maybe the lack of sleep explains why I think the card is kind of blah. Here's the link to the card on my SCS gallery, but I'm not excited enough about it to write about it here! I do appreciate the nice comments I've gotten so I guess some people do like it. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/612870?cat=500&ppuser=128622

Instead I'm going to post this card I actually made a few days ago, and just put the finishing touch on. This is for Tracy's Happy Place July sketch challenge, which was to make a masculine card with this layout. I used a brown card (precut from Target) and layered green cardstock panels stamped with four different leaves in moss ink. The center is a tan panel that I stippled with saran wrap crumpled and dabbed in brown ink (thanks to another SCS poster - I can't find who you are now, sorry!) and then stamped the sentiment. All the panels are edged in brown. The ribbon is stapled with a copper staple, which I just purchased yesterday. I didn't picture myself using the staples ever, but for this card it needed a little something, but not a bow or a knot so that it wouldn't be too feminine. Todd said the staple looks "weird." But what does he know? :)

Technical details:
Bazzill cardstock
Making Memories ribbon and staple
Vivid! coffee bean ink
Colorbox dark moss ink
Hero Arts sentiment stamp and Poetic Print leaf stamps

No comments: