Thursday, May 15, 2008

One last card

I'm heading out tomorrow for a little trip by myself - one of my former Florida State professors is retiring, so there is going to be a little celebration in his honor and I am joining in. There will be a couple parties and on Sunday a recital in his honor. This will be the first singing I've done since last summer, and I'm not under the illusion that I won't be in pain, but I'm going to sing anyway. This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to revisit something in my life that was really wonderful.

I made this quick card for my professor and his wife. I thought a Renaissance professor deserved a classy card - I hope he'd forgive me for using Baroque stamps! Until we get a set called Renaissance Motifs, this will have to do. The jumping-off point was a leftover from my inspiration challenge card. I had first wheeled the Baroque Border in black ink on white cardstock before I decided to reverse it for the card. The two borders I'd wheeled were perfectly spaced to make a card panel, so I used it for this card.

I didn't have much time for this one. I quickly stamped three of the medallions and cut them out, then the sentiment from Sincere Salutations surrounded by the small flower image. I added some black layers, vintage brads, dimensionals, and voila. I hope that he likes it - I really wish him all the best in his retirement!

I'll be home on Monday, and I'll see if I get any good photos from the weekend to share. Do some stamping for me while I'm gone, will ya?

1 comment:

jjcreations said...

This is beautiful. I love how you've arranged your pieces. I hope you have a fantastic time in Florida. Joan