Saturday, October 18, 2008

The colors of my day...

river rock and always artichoke! I don't often stick to one color scheme so exclusively in a single day, but today it just worked out that way. I used these colors (along with very vanilla) for two challenges, Jen's Sketch for You to Try and the sketch challenge from Our Creative Corner.

I'll start with the OCC card since the palm tree was the first thing I made. I intended to use it for Jen's sketch but things went awry so I set it aside and ended up coming back to it after I finished the other card.

I stamped the palm tree (Inkadinkado) in river rock on vanilla cardstock, then distressed the edges with my fingernail and sponged on artichoke ink. (I did that for all the edges on both cards, so I'll just let that be assumed from here on.) I layered the tree with dimensionals onto a panel of river rock designer paper - I think my stash of that is almost gone! The background seemed to need something simple so I just used two panels of river rock cardstock, and added three copper brads from Making Memories and a Hero Arts sentiment.

Here's my card for Jen's sketch. I ended up flipping it after I discovered the palm tree didn't fit! I used this vintage car stamp from Magenta instead. The background panels are made up of some more river rock DP layered onto artichoke cardstock. I used two jumbo antique brass eyelets with some twill tape for an embellishment. The sentiment is another Hero Arts sentiment, stamped one word at a time so that I could get the sentiment into a circle.

I've had fun with these colors today - but if I get any more creative time tonight, I think I'll move on to something different! Thanks for stopping by and thanks to Jen and the OCC crew for two great sketches today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Cards! Thanks for playing along! Hugs-Jd

Nancy Riley said...

Beautiful cards! I love how you flipped Jen's sketch!

Kreativgeschwafel said...

both cards are really fantastic!

Pam Speidel said...

Your cards are wonderful and I love your color of the day! :)