Sunday, September 20, 2009

For my dearest husband...

It's that time again - time to make Todd an anniversary card! This year makes #9 for us. I can hardly believe it!

I had to combine my card with a challenge, of course - and the featured stamper challenge gave me the perfect thing. The featured stamper this week is Heather (aka tankgrl) and her gallery is amazing. I had a hard time choosing but found just what I was looking for when I went to the last page of her gallery - this card just called out my name right away.

Instead of using a text background stamp, I used a sheet from the Night & Day specialty paper (in the holiday mini) and stamped the French Filigree background stamp over top in basic black. I know that Todd thinks it's weird when you can read the words in the background, so I'm hoping to distract him from doing that - because if you read the words on this paper, they really are weird. They don't make any sense at all!

For my always artichoke panels I used the retired Juntos paper from the Spanish catalog, and I stamped a second-generation French Filigree onto those as well. My image is from Leaf Lines, and was stamped with black craft ink and embossed with clear EP. I used a sentiment from Short & Sweet and added retired Ribbon Originals black cord ribbon as an embellishment. My brads are faux brads - I decided I wanted to add them after the card was all put together. So I punched the circles with the larger hole on my Crop-a-dile and glued them down.

2 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a lovely card to give your DH for your 9th! Happy Anniversary!! I love the layout, the very masculine colors and Fall theme!! Congrats!!

Helen Dooley said...

Nice card! Our 9th was on the 16th. It was great to get married on a yaer that makes it easy to remember how long.LOL. Congats!